CONVEYANCE OF WATER FROM TURKEY TO THE OCCUPIED AREA OF CYPRUS
The Pipeline Project Evaluation, “Conveyance of Water for Turkey to the Occupied Area of Cyprus” was presented on 5 November, 2013 in Nicosia, Cyprus by Nicos Neocleous, President of the Cyprus Association of Civil Engineers (2011-2013), as part of an event organized by the Kyrenia Refugees Association “Adouloti Kyrenia”.
The presentation was prepared by Nicos Neocleous and Yianna Economidou, President of the Nicosia - Kyrenia Branch of the Cyprus Association of Civil Engineers. This presentation was updated following the inauguration of the water-transfer project in the occupied areas of Cyprus by the President of the Republic of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, on 17 October, 2015.
The presentation includes:
- The problem of water scarcity and drought in Cyprus
- Uses and water sources in the occupied areas of Cyprus
- The water problems in the occupied areas of Cyprus
- Water supply project from Turkey to the occupied areas of Cyprus
- Technical characteristics of the Sub-sea Pipeline
- Project details and difficulties
- Images of the Project
- Conclusions on the Project
- Turkey’s strategic objectives