Through connection and exchange with other voices, our aim is to bring discussions to a wider audience within our societies, to reach out to a diversity of networks within and outside the artistic scene, and to build a network of artists, NGOs, and projects on activist-related issues.
WATER: Connecting projects which address the global water crisis & related topics
With this project, ACTIVATE aims to connect art, culture, politics, ecology for its first are of focus: the GLOBAL WATER CRISIS.
The potential for longer-term impact on this critical topic depends on connections between other artistic or multi-disciplinary projects that show a strong response to the world’s water issues, to climate change, and to related topics.
So we are now accepting submissions:
- new ideas for texts on water for possible future publication
- additions to one of our existing DISCUSSIONS on water
- personal stories on any water-related topic for our ‘Coming to Water’ Essays Issue - click here
Please feel free to contact us regarding:
- links to activist art projects that are in some way water-related
- links to water-activism nonprofits or artist’s websites
- inquiries for partnerships or collaborations with ACTIVATE or The Water Projects
Please contact us about sending submissions and for all general inquiries by filling out the form below:
Please be assured that your personal information will not be shared beyond ACTIVATE
© Please note that all direct images of artist’s work from within the ‘Water Project’ exhibitions (such as artist’s photography, stills from film or video) on this website are the copyright of the artists themselves. All artists retain full copyrights for their own work. Any unauthorized use or duplication of material (visual/written) as presented by this site is prohibited without prior consent.
Banner image: Alfredo Jaar's 'Geography = War' (1991), installation at Pohang City Museum of Art, 2015